When ever you get married there is always that moment when the couple has their families meet for the first time. It can be a great experience or one of those "awful go down in history moments." I remember when I knew my parents were going to meet Brad's parents for the first time, it was a week before we got married. I didn't know what to expect, my dad's the strong silent type who likes to hunt, Brad's family doesn't have a hunter in the bunch and I don't think they could bring themselves to kill any kind of animal. I remember thinking my mom and Natalie will get along great: both talkers, like to take walks, and were super excited about the wedding. Would our siblings match? Brad comes from a the Von Trap family and will break out in song on a whim, I had been witness to this many a times, my brother wouldn't sing in public if his life depended on it and if he did it be some rap from the Beastie Boys. But we had one saving grace that Brad's brothers and my brother and sister had in common, SOCCER! Glorious soccer both sides loved and played the sport so they could at least have something to talk about, and so with high hopes before our wedding we all met each other and it went off with out a hitch!
Now go back to last month and Jenny and Robert had both of our families meet at a park to have a pot luck dinner. Those two had even more to introduce because Jenny's side has a ton of kids now, so we came on to the scene with 6 boys running jumping and ready to play and Roberts 2 boys had to take it all in and not get clobbered. I almost held my breathe for Jenny as she introduced everyone I always get nervous that something might be said, or go wrong at this type of event. But wouldn't ya know it we all had the best time. Food was brought, kids played on the playground and there was laughter all about us as the evening went on.
Robert introduced everyone and saying thanks for coming, below are the boys all getting along as if they have known each other and lived by each other their whole lives!
It was also Issac's birthday on June 4th so we brought two cakes one for him and Andrew to celebrate! They both turned 5, they are so cute!
Some other family shots!
At this point I was the crazed photographer but we only see them once a year so I go a little crazy getting pictures of everyone. Aren't they great looking people?
1 comment:
Yay! Love love love this! Glad you're home... hope you had fun. Keep posting! I love you ALL and miss you. :)
Post a Comment