Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh a hunting we will go....

We had a nice couple in our church that have two rabbits; they thought of this great idea of setting out a blanket with a couple of Easter baskets filled with eggs and letting our kids sit with them and take pictures.  Cute idea huh?  When they offered to anyone who wanted I was excited but immediately had to keep expectations low.  Not because of them but because my boys don't do well with "photo shoots"  and Garrett is afraid of animals.  Like seriously scared of cats, dogs, or any other kind of domestic animal.  So I wasn't sure if he'd take one look and climb up in my arms and not let go until we left.  I thought I would give it a try and not let it bother me if we walked away empty handed. 
Before we left we did a lot of preparation with Garrett about seeing a bunny, and how they don't bite, or scratch, they are super soft.  I asked him if he'd be brave and pet the bunny he assured me he would. 

When we got there, there were three other families there so we waited in line so to speak which actually helped because Garrett didn't freak out!  He watched others interact and told me "I'm brave mom."  Brady loved it and was trying to get in on the action the moment we got there.  So when it was our turn Brady sat and petted the bunny and Garrett did SO awesome!!  He patted the bunny and would look up smiling, and saying over and over, "Look mom I'm brave."  He did it!!! 

My kids still don't look at the camera at the same time so nothing really turns out but that is OK maybe next year!


While we were there we met up with another friend......she is Garrett's BFF.  Really you ought to see them they greet each other by racing to each other yelling the others name like they haven't seen each other in years.  When they see each other weekly if not more!  She really is the girl next door and I hope they grow up together and stay the best of friends.  I am so glad that they are good friends and that she comes from a good family.  She is just so stink'n cute you can see why he'd fall for her!!!
We tried to get one of them together and this is best I could get!  AWWW cute huh? 

We also went to Brady's schools Easter egg hunt.  They had such a blast finding all these eggs and even more fun trying to eat them ALL before lunch.  Sugar coma anyone?

Garrett happy as a clam with his loot.
The boys faces just cracked me up in this one! 
The whole clan.  Brady is so tall I know he's the oldest but still he just looks so big!! 
Anyway we had a great Easter, its was during our flood/5 day rain storm but that is whole different story! 

4 comments:

Christi said...

Real bunnies!!!! That is so cute! I love those pictures. They are getting way to big and it has been too long since I have seen them!!!

Tringali Family said...

That is a BIG rabbit! What a cute idea. Love the pics.

Judy said...

Oh I love the pics!! So proud of Garrett. He is totally a chick magnet. Remember when we thought Brady was short? Funny huh!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

What darling pics! Did you have fun watching the boys pet the bunny?!! So proud of Garrett. Love all the pictures.