The phone rings. Brad says "Dana have you turned on the weather, there was a tornado that touched down west of the airport." What?! So I can see its really starting to rain and more lightening and thunder is coming. I turn on the t.v. and the weather man had interrupted the normal programs to talk about the storm. 2 mins. later, the t.v. is off. We have satellite and the signal was no longer coming through. Then the power flickers and I hear the sirens going. OK stay calm.
"Brady lets take lunch to my bedroom, "I say trying to make it a game, and not scare him. I have no idea how long its suppose to last so I sit in the closet with Brady, and call my mom. Yeah good idea tell her about it, I'm an idiot. She tells me that there is a tornado warning for the next 25 mins. in my area. So I sit on the phone with her for a few more mins. and I can really hear the weather out side. Brady is eating, rolling around, playing with whatever he can find in the closet. Oblivious to what is going on. I wish I could be him. All in all, nothing happened. Never touched down near us that I could tell.
Then Brad comes home from work and shows me this. I didn't even see it!
It started out small like this and then fell off even more like the picture above. We are working on getting it replaced, if anyone knows a good siding company let us know! Really I'm thankful that no one was hurt in the storm. Everyone afterwards was telling me where they were caught in the storm some of them are kind of awkward. So I guess even though I should have been home earlier, I'm glad I was HOME.
This is a picture I stole from a friend's blog, ( thank you!) She saw this as she was driving home. That would have freaked me out even more!
6 comments:
So scary!
alright.. I'd be FREAKED! We had a storm here where there were a few funnel clouds (granted this is not normal here), but I wanted to bury a hole in the ground and get inside! I can't believe that you were playing at a playground just before hand! At least you are safe and no one was hurt!!!
I still can't believe they don't put basements under the houses in that area. I was really amazed at how calm you stayed while we were on the phone. I was amazed at how calm I stayed. Glad it all turned out well, except for the siding.
Mom
That's scary! Glad everything worked out ok.
I HATE those storms!!
Crazy! Not that I'm surprised though, after that crazy ice storm in Jan.
Post a Comment