Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My parents visit

My parents came to visit us this last week! I love when family comes to visit, we don't have much family around so I cherish the time we spend together. So much so that we got a TON done this past week! It was amazing what two extra people can do in a house in one week. Maybe I should look into having an extra wife around....ha haa ha.
OK so they got here on a Sat. night late, we told Brady they would be here when he woke up so he decided not to go to sleep. They got here around 10:00 p.m. and Brady comes walking out of his bedroom to see them! Sunday was a day of rest for us, and rest we needed because we had a huge week ahead of us.

Day One

We painted our kitchen! Our whole house needs a good coat of paint but, we decided the kitchen would be the one we tackle. My mom loves to paint and I have very little experience, but they were willing to teach me. We sent Brad to work that morning and my Dad and I went out and bought some paint. That afternoon when the boys were down for naps, my Mom, Dad, and I all painted. By the time Brad came home from work we were finished!
The color is called BeesWax, and its a really light yellow. I hope you can tell a difference in the picture.

Our master painter.....

Day 2 (Tues.)


I really wanted Brady to have a chance to find some Easter Eggs this year. I wasn't sure if there were going to be any Easter Egg hunts this year so I asked some friends to come over. I was lucky enough to have some that were willing to come and hunt in my back yard. My parents again hid the eggs and we let the kids run loose. Thanks girls for coming over, we had fun!





After the "hunt" they started eating their spoils right away! Who can resist chocolate right before lunch!
Audrey is Brady's friend who he talks about all the time she's the "older woman" in his life. This is what he taught her to do.........stuff as much candy in her mouth as he can.















See? You can tell I ration his in-take of candy. So right after he got the goods he started eating as many as he could before I could pry the basket of candy from his hands!


What a good looking group of mommy's! Oh yeah and the kids aren't so bad themselves!!













That was the first two days of their trip, I have to get the rest of the week on my next post, I have more pictures to come! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

I always loved it when my parents came for a visit (still do). The beeswax color is great . . . it's such a happy color! Loved the picture of Brady with his cheeks stuffed with candy, just like a little chipmunk. Love ya, Sandra