We did landscaping. My dad loves to work in the yard and get his hands dirty. To him I'm sure that the yard looked terrible, and so he came up with a plan......
I think it looks much better, we bought a lawn mower,(our first) and cut grass, attacked weeds, and planted hosta's. Then we got some rocks and put them in the plant beds. Mulch was flying all over the place when ever we had strong storms. And here we have very strong storms! In fact the next day was when the tornado hit down south of us. But our rocks have stayed in place much better than the mulch.
Here are the guys resting after all the hard work.
Day 4 (Thrus.)
My Dad's birthday! We are so lucky to spend the day with him. We decided to rest a bit after having worked hard the day before.
My dad is wonderful, to my friends when I was growing up he was the "strong, silent type" emphasis on the SILENT, but really once you get to know him he's a talker. Loves giving me advice and I can ask his opinion on just about anything, and he knows a little about everything! Brady of course loved this day because it involved chocolate cake! We had to have the "fire" as Brady calls candles to blow out to.
Happy Birthday Daddy!
The rest of the week they spent with us, was low key because we did so much in the first 4 days they were here. I know other family members want to see Easter day and so those will coming soon! Its for the Grandma's mostly!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Bob! That is so cool that your parents got to come visit! It's even cooler that you got so much done. It's amazing what can happen with help and someone to watch kids. Love you guys!
I died laughing when I saw that pic of Brady in the bunny costume. I had flash backs to the Christmas Story.
I love hasta's...good choice. You have great taste.
Post a Comment