Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Nanna!

At the beginning of this year I got a new Daily Planner and calendar, all clean and fresh just waiting to be filled with all kinds of reminders and important events. One of the things I filled each month with is Birthdays! My family has grown so much that almost everyone month and sometimes more than once a month we have a birthday. This month is my mom's birthday! Happy birthday mom, I know she's excited to go out to eat with my Dad tonight but she got the best birthday present, (or so my husband would say) because LOST comes on tonight. Both her and my husband are avid fans while my dad and I watch because we love our spouses.....I know we are probably the only two people left on planet earth that like 24 more than Lost. Anyway I'm getting off the topic that could be a whole different post.
Here are some pictures of her with the grandkids, they love playing with her and will start shouting at each other MY NANNA!! not realizing they have the same Nanna.




This is the boys message to you.......Brady was kind of getting what to say mixed up! And Garrett still doesn't do much but flap his arms one day I'm sure he's going to take off like a bird....that will be an exciting post!

My mom is a sweet lady who loves her grand-kids almost more than her own children. I'm still her favorite though! Over Christmas she just kept saying "I'm so glad that we can just all be together. " She's a simple lady who does not need much to make her happy. Something I can definitely learn from, along with many other wise words of wisdom I ask her to bestow upon me weekly!

4 comments:

Christi said...

First of all we all know that I am mom's favorite!!!!
Give that boy some candy, I know it is what he needs :) Trick or Treat

Happy Birthday Mom

Judy said...

Thanks Dana! I love you all and miss you! I think Garrett wants to flap his arms and fly right over here to WV. I miss lovin' on those little boys. My birthday was the best. This blog entry made it even more special.
Mom

noelle said...

ah, dana. you crack me up with garrett's little flapping. that brady is such a stud. love him.

Melissa Hodgen said...

Happy Birthday Sister Tatanish. We miss you!
I can't believe Garrett is sitting up. Little man. It was great talking to you the other day. Glad to know you're still the Dana I love. Oh, and I feel your pain with the family photos. What's our obsession with creating "fake" family moments. I think mine are so that when my memory of all the screaming/crying/whining fades, I'll be left with beautiful pics of a young family.