Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First day of school!

Everyone was excited to get up and ready to go on the first day of school, Brady's first day was on a Monday last week, and Jillian decided to get up at 5:00 a.m. to greet the day, after eating she went back to sleep so at 5:20 I thought I'd catch a few zz's before everyone else got up.  But at 5:40 Brady came creeping into my room in a hushed tone asked?  "Is it time to go to school?  Its the first day!" It was dark outside and he was wide awake!  No keeping him down we got ready and he waited for what he said was FOREVER!  Before we could leave to get to school.  On the way he was bounching in his seat and yelled "I"m just so so so SO excited!"  Then he saw a family we know walking down the street to the school and opened his window to yell at them.  Wow its going to be some year!

We all went it was a family affair.  Brad is always so calm and no nerves at these type of things.  Glad to have a calm companion.

Garrett was really wanting to have his own first day and was disappointed to learn he had to wait a week to go.  He had set out his clothes like Brady the night before, they stayed out for a whole week he refused to wear that outfit, it was his "first day of school out fit." 
Brady however had no fear and was pumped to go to school, it was so fun to see so many families with their kids, everyone walking them in and kissing them good bye, a few moms with tears in their eyes.
Brady got  a desk this year not just a table he is pretty proud of that.  I think him and his teacher Mrs. Gunter are going to get along great, and he's excited that he knew 5 boys and a couple of girls from last year! 
 
He has loved school and came home everyday with rave reviews.  Now fast forward to yesterday when it was Garrett's turn.  He wanted his dad to drop him off since he did the same thing with Brady. 
 

 
He stays till 1:30 so he gets to pack a lunch and have the full day experience.  He was super pumped to go because four other kids from church are going to be in his class.  So he had no fear and they put him next to one of his best friends/neighbor Harper. 
For some reason it was harder to leave the younger one for me, I was more nervous than he was!  But he loved it!  In fact when I came to pick him up he looked really sad and I thought something bad must have happened while he was at school  I asked him what was wrong and he said in a quivering voice, "I don't want to leave!"  He was sad when the day was over and wouldn't get up from his chair.  Half the class had left before I could get him understand that everyone was leaving and no one was staying.  I think he is going to be just fine this year at school.

 
  I hope everyone else has a great school year, good luck!
 

2 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

SPECIAL!

Robert Choate said...

That is funny about Garrett keeping his outfit out all week.