Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ready to Run

Lately I've been busy and feel like I"m in catch up mode all the time.  I hate when I feel this way it makes me have anxiety.  I have to sit down and relax for a moment before I get up and run all over the place finishing my never ending to do list.  But one thing always on my list is this little blog/journal I want the boys to remember this time of their lives and all the crazy fun times we had.  So now after a deep breathe I'm ready to give ya the run down of the last month.  It will take a couple of days of blogging but put on your running shoes cause here we go!

Brad decided to do Race for the Cure this year, I am sad to report that I wasn't in shape enough to do it and its the first time since we lived here that I have not ran it.  Glad Brad stood in for me.....he wasn't feeling well the week before so he wasn't sure how he was going to do it but I'm glad he did.  The kids had so much fun waiting at the start line for him to pass by in the crowd. 

There are thousands of people who run this race so you have to look closely to find who you are looking for. 

Brady has become a good little runner as well.  He has joined the running club at school and wanted to run in the race for all the kids schools. 

So Brad strapped on his kicks again and ran with Brady in the one mile fun run.  Well.....actually he ran after Brady.  Brady was super excited to run the race and there were a lot of people who were running this race as well.  Plus he saw lots of kids he knew so he was extra pumped up. 
I told him to stay with his Dad but I knew that there was a small chance he'd take off and weave in and out of the crowd. 
These are the bikers they were to follow- Brad and Brady are in the middle of the crowd.
Brad is under the sign with a white tee shirt on in the next few puictures you can see them getting ready to pass us by.  You can also see Brady getting ready to beat his dad by going around others!


Garrett, Jillian and I cheered for them and waited for them to return, I thought I saw Brad coming up the street and told Garrett to get ready and all of the sudden Brady yells "Hi Mom!"  He was right in front of me he was yards ahead of his Dad so I only got the back of Brady finishing the race. 


Over all Brady had fun smoking his Dad, and I think next year we are going to have him run the 5K!  He definitely had the energy for it!!! 

1 comment:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

You GO guys! Good looking dudes.