This is Chelsie she had it at her house, and she is my friend who loves to bake, decorate, and just plain party. See those blue streaks in her hair? Yeah she can be sassy when she needs to be, love her! She would text me "What's your favorite cake? What are the colors in your babies room I want to coordinate." Really??! She knows I can't bake at all, my cakes come from a box, and I buy icing from the store (insert her gasping here). But I love her and trying to stop her would be pointless, remember she can be sassy so I let her go and do her thing! And love her all the more for it.
This is Christie, she just had a baby in September and I know she is sleep deprived but was still over at Chelsie house making decorations for the party. I love her so much because she is relaxed and calm and nothing phases her, really she has 6 kids and is super woman. She has started to follow our fearless leader (aka. Chelsie) into the world of decor, and party planning. I don't know how she does it, but am so grateful we have become friends!
Then there is Haylie, I don't know what she was thinking she just had a baby 4 weeks ago! Really and was all ready to pitch in and help and talk about sleep deprived I know her baby isn't sleeping through the night and she has two little boys she keeps up with as well. Yet there she was helping with this little party. Always smiling never complaining, really she couldn't be a better example of what I should be like in about 6 weeks but lets be honest I won't even come close.
I just have to say thanks to them, and for all of those that helped them, cause like I said they are busy and sleep deprived and I bet needed more help than they let me know. They were very secretive, and wouldn't let me see anything until that night.
Can I just show you the cake!? My friend Shannon said, "your food is like decorations, it all looks so cute!" I have no idea how Chelsie iced this bad boy but it looked great!
Do you see the flags? My friend Abby made that and gave it to me to hang in our babies room! I love it so much!
I wish I had a better camera and took more photos, alas I was having to much fun talking with friends. Which I was surprised so many made it! I know that half of them had something better they should have/could have been doing that night. And yet they were so nice to come and support! I had friends who's kids were sick, it was their son's birthday, one friend who just had a C-Section less than two weeks ago, a friend who's own due date was the next day, another who's husband was home sick, people are so nice and generous with their time. I just wanted to remember this night and say thanks to all those who helped and sent gifts. There were so many and our little girl will be the cutest looking girl thanks to my awesome friends!



6 comments:
THIS is one of my favorite posts of all time, yeah, even though you always write about my FAVORITE things, my grandsons. Well, and you and Brad . . . anyway, I think you did an amazing job honoring your friends who have honored you. You really love them don't you. You're so lucky, I know you felt that way at your party when you saw the cake and decorations and realized how many had come. You're right - people ARE generous. Maybe 'cause you're that way too . . . a boomerang effect or something! So happy it happened to you!
So glad that you had a good time and you have good friends there!!! That cake is gorgeous!
Good friends . . . Good times! What could be "gooder" than that?
All I can say is what goes around comes around. And this was your turn for it to "come around!" Glad you enjoyed it Dana! You deserve it and we can't wait to meet your cute little baby girl! :D
You have the sweetest friends. What a beautiful cake!! I love the flags too. So glad your friends were able to make it a special night. Love you!
Oh girl- who wouldn't do the same for you? You are one of the most generous, kind-hearted people I know and I am so lucky to know you! I would do it again cause girl- it was nothing! Love you!
Post a Comment