Saturday, August 20, 2011

They all are going to be mad at you...

So my husband and I have been "debating" on weather or not to cut poor Garrett's hair off.  My husband has been insisting all summer long.  "It must go!  He looks crazy in the morning when he wakes up." he'd tell me weekly.  He explained how ever summer his hair was buzzed short and it felt so good.  I told him he is young his crazy curls are cute and everyone loves them.  Including me!  I have told a few people that we were thinking about cutting them all off and they are always shocked and say "NO! don't do it!"

So after much arguing, and it got to the point that I was afraid to leave my husband and son alone; that he'd do it himself.  We compromised.  That is what marriage is about right?  He said I could cut it with the scissors, but if I messed up he could buzz it.  No pressure right?  I told him that there would be consequences, I have a feeling his facebook page is going to get hate mail, and de-friending is going to occur.  But he will have to learn.....

Here is our before, I tried to straighten it out the best that I could so that I could do it right. 

Don't mind the messy back porch behind him OK, I know its distracting!  But aren't the curls kind of cute??
And P.S. Garrett did NOT want his hair cut.  I was the only one he'd let do it.
Hence no professional.

The sad "after" shot....



I hope I make my dad proud, my grandfather had a barber shop and my Dad learned as a teenager how to cut hair.  He is very precise and doesn't give me any slack.  So I tried to learn the best that I could from him.  Next time he sees Garrett he will fix my mistakes I'm sure.  So what do you think of it? 

Please mourn me with me. As the saying goes "we mourn with those who mourn."  

6 comments:

Raina said...

Oh no...those curls are gone? I am not sure I could have done that. He looks so cute both ways though! Great job on the cutting!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Really good job Dana. Raina's right, Garrett is beautiful with or without, and though I'm with Brad about him wanting it short, I have to say Garrett's curls reminded me this summer SO much of Brad's hair when he was that age. I mourn with you girl!

Chelsie said...

Mourning. That child has beautiful hair.

Sarah said...

he could be bald and just as beautiful. Dat boys a lookah!

Judy said...

Yep, I'm mourning too! But he is just so cute anyway you go. You did a good job with the hair cut.

Uncle Pete said...

Dana, you would have made YOUR GrandPa proud of you..... :-)