Monday, May 09, 2011

Eight Years Ago today!

This last weekend was mothers day and today is our wedding Anniversary which is so nice for us!  Except I have been sick with the worst sickness that I can get-strep throat.  I don't know why it hurts me so bad I have only had it two other times in my life but it comes on strong and very fast.  Friday night I wasn't feeling well thought I had just done to much my body started aching.   I thought that I just need to plow through it we had date night to start our weekend celebration off and I wasn't going to miss that.  By the time we got home I passed out before ten o'clock.  The next morning I felt worse and my throat started hurting even more and by Sunday I asked Brad to put me out of my misery, he suggested instead of "letting me go" on Mothers Day I go to an clinic that is open on weekends.  So I missed church which I was so bummed about cause Brady was singing with the other kids a mothers day song!  But I hear he did awesome!

Anyway I waited and waited at the doctor's office with nothing to do but watch HGTV on how to buy/sell a house.  Four shows later they called me back told me that I had Strep and sent me on my way to Walmart to get drugs!  I came home exhausted took the drugs and took a two and half hour nap.  Now before you go feeling all sorry for me (cause I paint a sad picture) let me tell you who you should feel bad for-my husband!!!  He had to do all the extra stuff I normally do, and try to keep the boys away from me while in the bed.  He had plans to make a breakfast which I couldn't eat, and he had a gift he gave me even though I was half out of it.  And for our anniversary he told me, "I was planning on taking a half day and coming home and surprising you  but you are so sick I'm taking the whole day off.  I don't think you can be by yourself with the kids."  Dang you strep throat!!!! 

So this weekend just showed me the whole "in sickness and in health" part of wedding vows is taken seriously by my husband.  And we didn't even have that in our wedding ceremony, its just a given with this man.  He never once has complained and been frustrated, which just goes to show how lucky I really am.    I'm going to make it up to him once I can get out of bed for more than 10 mins at a time! 

This picture makes me laugh!  This is at Brad's brothers wedding, they were married 6 weeks after us.  We look so young, and I kind of think I look pregnant in this dress!  But I'll just blame it on lighting, or wind or something......
Anyhoo, Happy Anniversary Babe you are the best!  So glad that I said yes and that we are living in our own happily ever after. 

5 comments:

Christi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am so sad that you are sick. At least Brad did an awesome job. Maybe you guys can celebrate this weekend!!!!

Uncle Pete said...

Happy Anniversary Dana and Brad!!

Judy said...

So sorry you got that dang strep. Brad is the best! He looks dang hot in that pic. Is that okay for a mother-in-law to say:) you look cute too! Love you guys and hope you have many many more anniversaries to celebrate.

Raina said...

Yuck! How terrible to be sick on your anniversary. Happy anniversary none the less! You guys still look fab!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

I felt "sick" reading 'cause you're so good at describing things when you post! Glad you're better. Sorry last week was such a bummer and yeah I'm glad Brad was right there. You're both lucky to have each other! I think it's true love. Love you lots, hope this past weekend was way better! :)