Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I want a boat!

Last week was November 2nd and voting day, I had gone to a great class about people and issues that were being voted on here in Arkansas. My friend Aubrey put it on, she does a great job and she understands everything, she majored in political science in college, so a big thanks to her! Anyway I had asked her if I could take my kids to vote or if that was a shunned idea. She said Yes! She does it every year to show her kids how to and set a good example for them.
So I took my 2 year old and 4 year old to this very old small looking church and I was nervous that they'd miss behave. I told them that we were going to go and vote. That the people who make the rules have to be voted by everyone else to do their jobs. Kind of hard to understand this concept. Garrett when we walked in said "I want a boat, where is the boat?!" Awww poor kid he had no idea what I was telling him earlier and I tried explaining there was no boat we were there to vote! The workers there heard him and started laughing and told me I should write it down to remember him saying that.
He loved looking at the screen and touching it to help me "vote". So thanks Aubrey for giving me the advice, I'm sure with each year they will understand more and more.

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Our kids thought the same thing! They kept wondering where the boat was!

Sandra and Brent said...

Tell him he doesn't really want a boat . . . boat ownership is like standing in a cold shower while tearing up one hundred dollar bills! Great story Dana! Love, Sandra

Judy said...

You're a good example to your children. Very sweet experience!
Mom