Preface: My husband is a wonderful father and man for that matter. He does have a small problem- forgetting things - and our whole family knows it. In the morning before work the boys have witnessed him leaving his wallet, phone, lunch, or a book and heading off to work. They worry about him, and don't want him to forget his things.
Yesterday was trash day, and my husband always puts out our cans right as he is leaving for work. We have some neighbors that live 3 doors down that were unable to put their cans out so I suggested to my husband to go and do it for them. I was getting out of the shower while he went to do so, the boys were in the kitchen eating breakfast. All of the sudden my dear husband comes in and says, " Dana, our kids..........( sighs and shakes his head) what are we going to do with them?" Not knowing what the heck he was talking about I asked him to explain.
He left the house and walked down the street to put the cans out, when he turns around to head back home he looks up and sees our oldest son standing in our neighbors yard. He had no pants on, just underwear and a tee shirt. He is running to him and starts yelling, "DAD YOU FOR GOT YOUR BACK PACK!" He yelled it a second time running towards Brad. Brad then sees Garrett struggling as he is coming down the drive way dragging Brad's backpack that he takes to work each day. Garrett starts yelling, "Dad, your forgot your diaper bag! Diaper bag daddy!" Brad tells Brady when they meet to get back inside the house that he was not leaving to go to work but just putting out our neighbors trash cans because they weren't home. Brady, looks up at his father with his big old blue eyes and says in this exasperated voice, "Dad, you just don't know all the things that I do for you." And marches back into the house with Brad laughing all the way.
I love how they take care of their Dad; they love him so much and him leaving and returning from work each day is an event at our house. Every morning they give hugs and kisses bye, Garrett usually has to watch him leave and wave bye and blow kisses to him until the garage door is down. When he comes home there are times they hide from him, or attack him with screams of delight, and sometimes they are sitting outside waiting for him to come home. When Brad came into the bathroom to tell me what had just taken place all I could simply say was, "Brad its how they show you that they love you."
Don't you just love it!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ohhhhhh... this is for sure my FAVORITE STORY EVER!!!!!!!!!!! "dad, you just don't know all the things i do for you." love it so much. SO much.
So, so, SO sweet!
So precious. I sure love those babes. :)
I wonder where they learned that from :) Love those boys!!!!
So funny! Love that story.
Mom
Love it! Your boys are so much fun!
Now, have they heard that phrase before, because I'm sure I've said that once or twice? It also goes to show you that there is a consipiracy against Mom's getting a shower at a decent hour.
belly laughs! love those boys - all of 'em.! miss you . . . will skype when we can.
Post a Comment