Sunday, May 16, 2010

This little face of mine...

Have you ever had a week with your young kids and asked what are they thinking? I sometimes wonder what posses my kids to do things, are they exploring? Are they learning about their environment and the only way to do so is by experimenting and action. Can't they take their mothers advice and trust that she might know what is a good idea and what is not? The answer is NO. No they do not want my advice or ideas, they must figure things out on their own, and the quicker I understand that the better my sanity will be.

This little face has to learn things on his own, while some people would judge him as shy and a mommas boy, let me clarify that he is not scared of most things. Animals is the only thing that comes to mind........but anyway. After picking up our oldest at a friends house he wanted the window down in our van, I think its totally cool our windows go down in the back, so I dropped the window down. We only got a mile down the road when I realized Garrett no longer had his sandals on his feet. I saw one on the floor and thought he must have taken them off. When I got home I realized that there was only ONE sandal in the car. Garrett had thrown the other one OUT the window. Why? I have no idea, did he want to see what would happen? Did he want to see if there would be any consciences or if he would miss it, was his foot hot? He's not much of a talker so I couldn't get any answers. I figured he might have done it before the car was moving so I asked my friend whose house we had been at and she said she would look. Later that day I got an email from her and said "I found the shoe down the road in front of the Fire Station." He did it while the car was moving. Note to self, don't roll down windows while driving him or take shoes off first.


He also likes to play in water, don't all little boys do that? It has rained here a lot this week and there was an afternoon where there was no rain and I decided we should go on a walk. Brady rode his bike and Garrett and I walked. Garrett found every puddle he could and put his hands in it. The final puddle he decided that he would try and "drink" from it and laid his entire body in the puddle face first. When he stood up he looked at me in surprise that his hair was wet, shirt drenched and pants where all soaked. Oh well, he decided that since he would not get water from the ground he would put his shirt in his mouth and try and suck it out. He is so going to get some kind of disease, we will be lucky if he makes it 5 years old. Most kids do stuff like this right?

No he wasn't naked under that hat........just to ease your mind.

5 comments:

Christi said...

Let's hope Garrett becomes a firefighter, that would be awesome! I love that picture!!!! He is growing up way too fast!!!!!

Jenny said...

Dana, you kill me! And so does Garrett - man I miss that boy. Love the pics. I bet his foot WAS hot! :)

Raina said...

Oh no!!! At least you found the shoe, and at least he is cool enough to ditch it at the fire station!!!

I love the photos!

Judy said...

Cute, cute pics! Can't wait to see you guys. I know it's several weeks off but still excited.
Mom

noelle said...

dana, i love your kids. i don't know what it is, but they are just so YOURS. love it. also, where the heck is melissa?!?! she is killing me with her non-response.