My mom at the Vera Bradley store with all these different bags, I was trying to pick one out and it took so long she decided to sit for a while.
On Saturday we went to the race, my sister while training hurt her knee and landed in physical therapy. Which was a huge bummer for her. So she took pictures and was our cheer leader. My mom also wasn't sure about running the whole thing so she decided to power walk.
Let me tell you power walking for her is like running for some people. The runners started and then they had the walkers start 2 mins later. My mom beat a ton of runners!!! She finished all 6.2 miles in 1 hour 19 mins. you go girl!!
Did I mention it rained HARD that morning? Luckily for us it stopped right as we started running there were a lot of puddles, San Antonio must not be use to a lot of rain because they kind of had pour draining systems. Anyway here is the start of all the runners.
Can you tell which one I am? After the race, hot sweaty, and lucky for you, you can't smell me. But we were so happy that we did it! I did not stop to walk which was a goal and the other goal was to complete it in 1 hour. My time: 58:38.
After the race we cleaned up and headed downtown to the River Walk and Alamo.
This is the Alamo, my sister and mom were shocked that it was downtown. They thought it might be on the out skirts of town. Not so there are building all around it. We read the names of those who died there, and I learned that the last day of battle was on March 6th. Same day as my husbands birthday, it will easy for me to remember that now.Us at the River Walk, has anyone ever been there? Do you see the railing behind us, well its not like that the whole way and my sister kept wondering how many people have fallen into the river, you can walk right on the EDGE of the walk way. People with small kids beware....
9 comments:
What an awesome idea!
How fun!
Brings back memories. Glad you raced - you go girl!
Nothing better than spending time with the girls! Dana, I'm majorly proud of you. There is NO way I could run a 10K at this time in my life. You go girl.
Dana, when we were kids and would walk the Riverwalk, Uncle Jim would grab our hands and swing us out over the water. It was so scary but we would just beg for more! I'm glad you enjoyed San Antonio, it is one of my favorite cities!
I want to go there now! That looks fun.. except that puddle! Way to go with the 10k!!! :D
Congratulations Dana! That is awesome!
woo-hoo! way to go! your mom is so cute, too. i love her power walk. man, i miss you guys! and i'm loving your bangs. super chic.
Your mom is so beautiful. Love her!
Post a Comment