Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Guy's trip

Brad really should be writing this because he knows all the details of his trip but for some reason he doesn't like to write on our blog. Anyway, he went on a trip with an old friend back to Cincinnati where he lived as a kid till he was 16. His friend-Nick, his parents still live there and so they got to stay at their house. Nick has wanted Brad to go back with him and see old sights and go to an Opening Day Red's game for a while so we decided this spring to make it happen. Nick is married and has three really cute kids: Brad spent the weekend seeing his old house, school, rec center (where he claims he ruled the basketball court) and church. He also got to see where Nick's Dad works. He works for Proctor and Gamble. Apparently he works near or at a lab that test products for his company. He said it was all secretive so he could not take pictures, but he got to ride a segway which I thought was totally cool. I would love to see my very tall husband on one of those machines........that would make me laugh.

Before the game there was a parade and this guy Johnny Bench led the way. Brad explained to me he was a amazing catcher for those of you who might wonder who the heck he is. Brad, Dallin (nicks younger brother) and Nick at the game. They said that their team lost but it was still a blast to go and see. Also while there he wanted his family to know that he did in fact eat Skyline Chili. Anyone who knows anything about Cincinnati knows that is a signature restaurant there and one must partake of its goodness before leaving the city. I prefer it on top of my spaghetti, but the hubby loves it on hot dogs. Try it yourself and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Wow - I'd love to have the whole raft of pics Brad brought home with him. Thanks for posting. In the last picture I couldn't recognize Dallin at first . . . haven't seen him since he was your kids' ages. Can't believe Nick is grown up with three kids - these guys were fourteen when we moved from Cincy. I know Brad had a blast.

Steffani said...

The real question is did he get some graeter's ice cream? It was a staple after any stake dance or just for fun. =) I'm glad they had a good time, it sure looks like fun.