What I took away from this whole show is that there are many people out there that sell meats of all kind that are filled with antibiotics, and preservatives. Both which are not the best for us. And it made me think, no I will not become Vegan, or a vegetarian for that matter my husband might divorce me. But I did want to become more aware of GOOD food, the ones that are of good quality.
So I go to my partner in crime (aka the husband) and tell him of my Revelation. I tell him, "Hon,I think we need to change they way we eat." He looks very unconvinced and says "Why?!" Then I say, "Well I saw this Oprah...." and the eye rolling and sighing begins. I know its going to be an uphill battle from here.
But here was my proposal. I want to eat good food, so the food I KNOW is not the best of quality is fast food. Sorry, I know my love affair with McDonalds Ice cream cones has come to an end. But really have you ever heard their slogans and advertising? They boast now that the chicken nuggets are made of REAL chicken breast. Um...........what was it before?!!!
So getting to the point, we have decided that we will not eat any fast food for the entire month of February and drop ALL soda. This is my baby step.
After doing some research I found that last month we spend 77 dollars on fast food, so I am going to take that money and buy really good food. Because lets face it organic and free range eggs are not cheap. But I want to do this little experiment to see what happens to us. Will we tear each other apart after 3 weeks of no french fries? Will our bodies be able to tell a difference? Will I have more energy? These are the question that I want answered. If I feel better will I take on more baby steps? Only time will tell. Until then, bye bye Sonic and your happy hour, see you later Wendy's, catch you on the flip side Burger King!
Michael Pollan: he made me do it.
8 comments:
Very cool, you can do it. You're a runner and Brad has tagged along so you can do this and he'll come along I'm sure, and it'll be no harder than finishing the race. Give it your best! :0 Mom/Nat
I am with you. I bought my cage free eggs this weekend, they were a little bit more, but I think the chickens thanked me!
What were the nuggets made from before?!?!
Yea Dana!!! You make a momma proud.
Mom
We're with ya! Already did the free range thing and try to buy organic...but fast food? That's a different story :)
I used to work at an egg factory, and when they went free-range the chickens pecked each other to death! I am all about eating better too, but mostly for the good of the human race, not just the animals. I think McDonald's is disgusting! We have tried to eat more organic foods, just because they are better for you. I didn't watch that episode, but I'm glad the are bringing to light what we are putting in our mouths! We need to think twice!
Good goal! and good luck with it! I make this same goal every week I feel like and I've always failed by the end of the week. But I think I'll follow your lead and just take baby steps, instead of deciding to all the sudden become a vegetarian and never eat sugar again either (which I've decided to do 100s of times! - see why I fail!) keep us posted on how you do!
Wow!! I'm seriously impressed!! I may have to be inspired by your efforts! I too watched that Oprah, and while it didn't make me jump out of my seat... it did make me think. Way to go. I want to hear the progress! :D
That is such a good thing to do for your family and you! Good luck! Your husband reacts to Oprah the same way mine does!
Post a Comment