Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our thrid baby......

Before you get to excited let me be clear I am NOT pregnant. Nor do I plan on that announcement for a l-o-n-g time! This baby came to us through an unusual way, through the father. After studying it out in our mind and nesting on this big decision we got our BIG t.v. Brad has wanted a t.v. that he could mount on the wall. This way no small sticky hands can touch it, and leave marks, or randomly turn it off during a show that you are watching. He wanted the baby to come equipped with HD resolution, and a bunch of other components that I don't know what they mean, which would "open my eyes" to what I have apparently been missing my whole life.
At first I fought the idea, my philosophy of: if its not broken then why get a new one? Seemed to suit me just fine, when the t.v. died that is when we'd get one. But Brad had other ideas, I think I saw him encouraging Brady to push the smaller t.v. over a couple of times to speed up this process. Every time I would go to a friends house that had a smilier t.v. he say what do you think of that one? Or he would get the husband to show me the HD quality. I would roll my eyes and say "yeah, yeah whatever."
Finally it hit me, this t.v. was important to him. The reasons why its important to him and if I should debate about them to make him prove his point is stupid. I thought to myself how many times has he done things for me that he could really careless about? He has gone to places like the mall and shopped with me when most men break out in hives and swear under their breathe while following their spouse around. So as a sign that I do love him and want him to be happy while he watches his Football on game day in HD, we are the proud new owners of a 47 inch HD t.v.! I have come to the conclusion our lives are more complete because of a happy husband, and not the object that sits up on the wall away from the boys busy hands. Although its nice not to have finger prints that I have to clean off all the time......but don't tell Brad that he'll never let me live it down. Pictures coming soon.......

3 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Oh my GOODNESS this post says it all. You are six years married and have the wisdom of an old married lady! (Which you may be one day, and a beauty at that.) Can't wait for the pictures. Hooray and hope you keep junk off it (not referring to busy hands). Watch things with happy thoughts. Lots of love, Mom/Nat

adamf said...

Wow 47" nice!!! That's pretty tall for a baby.

Now, do you have the high-def satellite or cable?

"Brad has wanted a t.v. that he could mount on the wall."

Well, you're not a true father until you have wanted something like that. :)

Christi said...

I bet he is so happy!!! Where do we send a present of congratulations :)