Monday, August 03, 2009

S'mores and Paint..........

We made s'mores tonight. Besides my sister in law who can NOT stand the touch,taste or sight of a marshmallow I don't know another single other person who hates them. They are a sticky, globy, mess that you can not eat in a dignified manner. No matter who you are. That is what I loved being around my men tonight, they don't care, they throw caution to the wind and dig in.
Brad was the master maker of the S'mores and in case you are wondering yes we did them out back on our grill. We were "inner city" as our good friend John would say. No campfire, or outdoor fire ring to huddle around, it was a gas grill that he stood over with a marshmallow
and a dowel that we used as the "stick" but Garrett fell in love with these creations, we made the first one for Brady and after watching him take that first bite he started squealing for one. I tried to give him a graham cracker to "fake him out" and see if that would hold of the yelling. But this kid is no fool. He tried to desperately grab Brad while he fired up another mellow. We made him one and I wasn't sure if he would know how to eat it but it looks like I was the fool. I held it, he bite and he did what I can only describe as a Happy Dance. He bounced up and down, wanting more and practically sitting on top of me trying to get more in his chubby little hands.


Brad wanted it to be known that afterwards he went straight to the gym and ran mile after mile to work those sweet calories off. Noted, my love, noted.



See how they bring smiles to your face?


I was laughing at Garrett he was so happy to be eating these sweet treats. That smudge on the picture is CHOCOLATE!~ He touched it with his finger.




This past weekend I got the itch to paint our master bathroom. For some reason we decide to paint a room in our house and just do it, no real thought out process or contemplating to long over it. Pick a shade and go for it. I wasn't even sure what we wanted to go on these walls that I'd be seeing every day as we do "our business" and shower in. But I knew one thing was for sure, it would be an improvement. The paint before hand was old, cracked and just looked terrible in the bathroom since we bought the house. I asked Brad what color and he said, How about blue, we don't have a blue room in this house. Done.
I went to Home Depot and looked at a bunch of samples, brought some home for him to mull over.





Brad does not like bright, jump-out- and grab you type colors so I was surprised when he went with this color that I liked. It was called saphireberry.......reminds me of the beach for some reason. Its hard to get a true color on camera, but my family wanted to see what we did to the bathroom so this is for them. Just come and visit for the full affect.





6 comments:

Melissa Hodgen said...

A productive week.
Who can jog after eating a s'more? Ugh.
I love the instantanious effect that sugar/chocolate has on kids. One bite and they are hooked! Can't blame them. I feel the same way!
Love the bathroom color. Reminds me of what I think the water in Bermuda would look like.

Tringali Family said...

Nice bathroom! I love it how the video stops right as you notice what stunt your son is pulling!

I will have to be added to your list (of one person) who doesn't care for smores. I'm just not a fan of them. But the kids and steve make up for my lack of enthusiasm!

Christi said...

Mom and I just read it all! Looks like a good time. We really like the bathroom color, I can't wait to come one day and see it!

Jenny said...

Paint looks great! I miss those little buggers of yours...even if they are covered in icky marshmallow - GROSS!

Is Garrett walking everywhere now?

Judy said...

Very cute! Garrett is getting so big and not that little baby anymore(: Miss you guys! Love the color too.
Mom

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Yeah, I like the bathroom color too, ya'll did great! The S'mores are a hit with everyone I see. I love 'em. Never mind the John Hufford-isms; it's cool to do your stuff over the grill.You guys are all adventure, right! Love you, miss you. Keep having fun! Mom/Nat