Friday, May 30, 2008

No bed and band aids!

So I just had to tell you all what a silly kid i have, he lately has been doing things that I hope are just "phases" and that he will out grow. One of them is his sleeping, this week he decided he no longer wants to sleep in his bed. He throws the pillow on the floor next to his bed and takes his blankets and sleeps there. We tried moving him to the bed once he is asleep but every morning we wake up and his stuff is on the floor again. So we've given up and let him take his naps and sleep at night on the floor. Which i guess is a good thing if he does when the baby boy comes because we can put the baby in the crib, instead of the pack and play!




OK so he's NOT hurt he has an ace bandage on his elbow because this might be another "phase" he was trying to get up on my lap and hit his elbow against the wall. It hurt and took off a tiny bit of skin but other than that he was fine. But he wanted to look in the mirror at it and then saw that he might need a band aid so we went to the bathroom. He saw a basket of med's that we keep and after convincing him that red liquid allergy medicine is not going to help I gave him the ace bandage and he won't take it off! He tells me, "No no mom, NO touch arm." So I'm hoping by the time we leave the house today he will be over it and I won't have to explain why a two year old is wearing this thing to anyone! All kids do this kind of stuff right? I"m not going to get hauled off to some kind of protective services am I?

10 comments:

Raina said...

I hear the sleeping on the floor is common. I never dealt with it, but it is sure cute!!! I especially love the bandage. :D

Christi said...

He is so cute! Kids are interesting little beings. Love you all!
Mom

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

dana, sitting in the motel room waiting to see you and brad drive around the corner to be here to hang out with us! just saw this and can't wait to see this little cutie in person. i sure hope I'M not a phase in his life - he better give me a great big hug! see ya in a few minutes!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi said...

Reagan sleeps by the door sometimes too. He will get over it. He is getting so big.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

You're such a bad mom Dana! I can't believe you make your kid sleep on the floor! My kids never do weird things like that. Ok, whatever, all kids do things like that. He is so cute with his little bandage on. I love that boy!And yes, it is just a phaase.

noelle said...

hahaha.... love it! great post. what a cute - and totally normal! - kid... :)

John n Shannon said...

Brady is adorable. I about panicked when I saw his arm with the bandage. Like...whuh? When did this happen? I'm so out of touch! He's a cutie. Hope you had fun in Branson!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Stages are both hilarious and trying. Shannon sleeps on the floor every now and then still. It's a battle not worth fighting.

McFam said...

HE KILLS ME!!!!
Sleeping on the floor and an ace bandage to boot? You're wrong though about putting the baby in the crib - unless you're SURE Brady can't climb in it. Yeah. Joseph's been staying up until like 1 in the morning in Andrew's crib trying to smother him with his pillow - I really hope HIS phase ends before we are parents of only one!