Saturday, February 16, 2008

Plane's Train's and Automobiles

So this day.......hmmmmm how do I explain the thoughts and feelings that go into this day? Let me set the scene, I slept really good till about 4:00 a.m. then for some reason I was up for about an hour or maybe more and then woke up again before 7:30. I got up and took a shower and thought I'm still tired and we are leaving to go to the cub scout breakfast and on a plane ride to see Nana Holbrook and Grandpa Kent? Oh boy, am I going to make it? We get ready and leave for the breakfast, we were supposed to bring our skillet for pancakes and the awards for the scouts. We get there and realize we don't have the awards, they were left in our OTHER car at home. Dang - so Brad dashes back home to get them. While Brady runs all over the gym and I make pancakes. Brady ran into the chalk board and gave himself a bruise on his face. I thought nice Brady now Nana Holbrook is going to wonder what happened to him! The theme is Chinese New Year, and the gym, it's decorated accordingly, unfortunately as soon as we are all sitting down Brady asks for some water. I give him a tiny bit in a regular cup which he promptly tips way too far, getting most of his shirt wet. Whoops, didn't mean for that to happen but it's water right? It will dry, so we begin the breakfast and he wants a little bit of O.J. which this time he drowns himself in, all over the shirt and pants. Great! While, I am trying to clean up the mess at the table and Brad is still making pancakes, Brady runs to the table where they have all the full cups of milk and juice lined up for the taking, and grabs the closest milk cup not even attempting to drink it and spills it all over the floor and table. Why!? Why?! I ask myself, he is a mess. Brad walks in takes one look and that look on his face was one of pure frustration. Why aren't there other two year olds at this function creating chaos and messes wherever they go? So he grabs Brady and I grab our stuff and we head for home. Brad tells Brady while we are in the car, "Brady I'm going to miss you when you go, just not till tomorrow." Ouch! So we go home and find the only shirt available that isn't dirty or not packed for the trip and it's a Halloween one. So we leave for the airport and he did terrific on the airplane! It was like I had a different kid, he looked out the window, watched a movie, and when drinks came around he was happy to drink out of his sippy cup. He ran to his nana when he saw her, giving her a huge hug, and loving them on the spot. We came home after eating tons at Golden Corral, and he had a blast with chalk and the big ball that they have. See Natalie's blog for the pictures. (minus the big big ball) They are great! Well I'm off to relax and catch up on my sleep. Stay tuned for more pictures coming soon!

5 comments:

Melissa Hodgen said...

Sounds like you had your hands full. I'm just glad that he was good on the plane. I hate all those buisness women looking at your active toddler with this look that says, "glad I didn't do that." I'm sure they have the most boring blogs. Get some sleep and enjoy your trip! I'll wave as we drive to the ATL airport on Sat!

adamf said...

Wow--reading that all in one paragraph really increases the intensity! : ) Our son is crawling now...haven't had to clean up any O.J. yet.

Judy said...

He sounds like a typical little 2 year old boy. Reminds me a lot of you at that age. Adorable, curious, energetic.. Have a great vacation. Love you both tons!!
Mom

Mike and Erin Hale said...

He and Landon could be twins. I always think to myself.."Why is my son the only one creating all this chaos and why is he so loud?" Hang in there. Love you!

noelle said...

hahaha... i can SO see you saying that... "why!?! WHY!?!" ahhhh. i miss you, crazy girl.

and it sounds like my man brady's got it going on. he and luke would get along FABulously... :)