Sunday, December 01, 2013

Girls Weekend

Sometimes you need a break, and this October I needed one.  Just a few days to recharge my mom-juice if you will.  I had not see my little sister in over a year, way to long if you ask me.  So I  took Jillian with me, and we went to Reno.  My sister had just moved there this summer so I wanted to see the new city she'd be living.  While making plans I begged my long time friend/roomate, Raina, to join us.  She needed a break too, at least that is what I convinced her of and she brought her newest baby with her and before you could blink it was a Girls weekend!  Raina and I lived with each other for 3 years before she married her husband. one of those years my sister was living with us as well.  She knows me so well and I am so sad that she lives so far away (in Portland Or).  So I was so happy to hear that she would meet me at my sisters house, we had so much fun!  We had  such a good time catching up going out to eat, checking out Truckee, Ca and lets not forget Lake Tahoe.
My nieces are so sweet and adorable, Jillian hardly knew them and they were so good to her.

 Peas in a Pod, or in boxes I should say, although when they are older no one is going to believe they are cousins....they look nothing alike.
   We headed up to Truckee this small resort type town right before Lake Tahoe and it was so cute and fun to walk around.
 So I took this one of my sister and Raina and then the one below we got my oldest niece to try and take one, she did pretty good!
Then my sister wanted one of her and her girls.......well anyone who has taken pictures with kids knows to keep expectations low when capturing that perfect pic.

Then there was this little guy.. oh be still my heart he was so good the whole weekend.  I just love his age they are so cute and cuddly Mr. L you were a champ.

We went to eat at the this cool restaurant that the Famous Chef Bobby Flay did a throw down with the owner, it's a T.V. Show my husband and I like to watch.  They battled it out to see who could make the best omelette.  Its a hip/trendy restaurant.  They let you write on the walls, which is Jillian's dream, so we let her and her cousin go to town.
Can you see the happiness in her eyes?

That night we got to go out eat just us girls no kids and Nick was THE MAN for making that happen.  It was so fun we just chatted and talked all night, and the food was soooo good!  The funniest part of the night was when a waiter mistook for me for someone else he knew and came by to say "hi".  I had no idea who he was and tried to be polite and say hi, we laughed about it later.   

I seriously love these two ladies, we haven't been together in years, but once we were together its like we just picked up where we last left off.  Its so nice to be yourself and comfortable around people with out even thinking about it.  

Lake Tahoe is awesome!  Raina and I kept trying to take a picture to capture it and I knew it wasn't going to work.  I had no idea about this place but SO glad that we went.  I took about 50 pictures while we were there:  


 I love that he is looking and cracking a smile priceless!
 My sister is so good to my daughter and I love her for it.




Such a good weekend, I am trying to convince Raina that we need to do this every October so we can see that beautiful time of year again, and again in Tahoe.  

1 comment:

Raina said...

Oh..this made me so happy tonight! I wish we could have skipped sleep to let the hours drag on. I didn't get enough time with you girls. This was just what I needed and the pictures are perfect! Thanks for posting this! Xoxoxo..and give that cute Jillian a kiss for me, she won me over.