Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fourth of July

When I came back to Pennsylvania to see the kids from NYC, I found they all had survived and had a great time with my parents.  Whew, I was nervous for Jillian she is a bit of a mama's girl.  She however didn't cry or act out for my parents they said she did better for them when I wasn't around than when I was!  Go figure. 
We got back and my parents had just had their 40th wedding anniversary!  So we took the kids to where they had gotten married, it was in my Dad's home town of Houtzdale, PA. 

A few days after was the 4th of July and we got a special treat and had my cousin come up and see us from Maryland.  Kimberly is wonderful and it was so good to see her, it had been way to long!  So on the 4th of July we had to start it off with a parade, very American right? Hot and sunny were the conditions but everyone was in a good mood considering they were going to be throwing candy at us right?    Jillian is all ready to go, and loving her PapPap. 
 

 Jillian really got into waving at the people in the parade.
 
That night we went to State College to check out Penn State University.  We got some dinner checked out some stores that had some PSU clothes and went to where the fireworks would be set off.  They had all kind of stuff that you do over there.  The boys got face painting and then we went on a some rides. 
 


 We got great seats for the fireworks and it cooled off so nicely during the show.  It was with some great music, it was perfect in length and the kids thought it was awesome!  I love a good firework show, just really wished Brad could have seen it with us. 
 Love their faces!!!
 
We left Pennsylvania and headed back home to Arkansas.  Long road trip but it was so fun for the kids and worth it to do and see all the fun things we experienced.  My parents had to head out west to help my sister and her family move to Reno NV.  We sure do miss them when they are gone! 
 
 

1 comment:

Judy said...

Love the pics! Miss those kids! and you too!