Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What we have been up to.

Its been a while since I've had time to update this little blog, but there is a good reason as to why I've been busy.  This little face keeps me busy.....
At the beginning of the year most people make resolutions/goals for the year and I wanted to do I really did but Jillian was only two weeks old and so my goals were not your typical goals.  They were  more along the lines of:
get up for the day and get the baby dressed,
get your sons dressed
at some point get your self dressed, hopefully with a shower at some point too
Find the bottom of a laundry basket (by doing the laundry, not throwing them it on the floor)
fold the laundry and some how get it to the drawers it was suppose to be in. 
Feed everyone
feed myself
sleep.
Really I know that is a sad state of goals but if you have had a baby you are totally understanding where I am coming from right?  Can I get an amen?! 
So January was awesome we got to see my parents on their return trip from visiting my sister in Las Vegas.  While here we got to celebrate my mom's birthday we went out to eat at this little Italian restaurant (my mom's favorite kind of food!)  it was the first public appearance I really had made since the baby was born, so nice to talk to adults and feel normal again!
Then on the first weekend in Febuary we blessed Jillian at church, it was so nice to listen too and I am grateful for Brad that he was able to preform that blessing for our little girl.  We borrowed a dress from some wonderful friends to bless her in I only have a couple of them take a look.
   
My mother in law was able to come and visit for the week and be apart of it all, I am so glad that she could.  Living so far away sometimes we miss these types of events in each others lives so I am grateful to her and Jenny (sister in law) that they could come.  The boys adore them and we always have so much fun when they are hear, Jillian in this dress looks like she is about to get married its huge.  I love it.  Speaking of getting married we had a fun lunch date with Jenny who is engaged to a certain young handsome someone.....Robert!  Natalie, and I asked our good friend Shannon to come with us to lunch and share with Jenny some thoughts on what we all wish we had known before we were married and had kids.  Departing this kind of wisdom (really the others have more than me!) was so fun and helped me relearn some stuff.  Can't wait for a few years to go by and ask Jenny if the advice helped and what her own wisdom on the subject of marriage and kids would be. 



So back to what else we have been up to.....well not much just taking it a day at a time and one piece of laundry at a time.   Oh and Jillian has learned two new tricks one is that she is learning to do this....

 Which is the begins of this......
She a drooling little thing but we will take it!  They come and go but she is starting to recognize us and smile a bit more.  Her other trick is that she  rolled over!  No lie I was shocked, my mother in law Natalie actually was the one who started it all.  When she was here, she laid her on her tummy on her bed and Jillian was not a happy camper so she turned her head and rolled over!  We were so shocked so we decided we needed more proof.  So we did it to her again!  I know mean right?  Well Brad came home from work and we showed him we couldn't believe it she is sooo small she was 6 weeks old.  I had him video tape it on his phone and I will try to get it on here if I can.  She really is sweet and we are so lucky to have her apart of our family.  Life is hectic now and we really have to keep our priorities straight so that we don't all go crazy but its well worth it!  Happy Belated New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Christi said...

I love all the pictures!!! I love the dress. And all I can say is your babies have crazy gladiator strength. I seriously can't believe she rolled over!! Love the smile pictures they are my favorite.

Judy said...

She's so adorable in that dress!! Love the smile so much. Miss you all so much!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Love this baby girl - she's getting big! So glad you're updating again Dana. Miss you guys, love you! :)