Friday, December 17, 2010

You aren't greatful until its gone.....

Have you ever noticed how much you rely on things when they are missing? I take way to many things for granted, and I have had that lesson given to me again. Again!!! I also realize that I never seem to get this lesson, or I should say that it is easily forgotten. Let me explain my ramblings, our computer died last week. My husband is full of wisdom, he knew it was dying for a month he had been complaining of its slow dying death. "Dana, he'd say, " I don't know how you use that thing, it has become soooo slow!" He'd bring his work laptop home and get on it, refusing to use our trusty computer. But he was right, we have had the same computer for 7 years!!! As long as we have been married, we have had this thing, and in computer years that is a long time, and the need to update was apparent.



Then I did a stupid thing, I ignored his pleas.



I told him OK then lets save for it, cause I knew when he wanted to upgrade, he'd UPGRADE!! Computers are his thing ya know? He has all these components that he knows are acceptable and nothing less will suffice. I tried to put it off cause this would be big deal that I did not feel like trying to squeeze into a budget at Christmas time. Black Friday came and he asked me the day before if we could get one. What?! Where was our saving for it I told him? You were in the hospital two days ago for kidney stones we have bills coming our way what are you thinking?!



Again I did not listen to the voice of knowledge and wisdom.



I had logic on my side, and it has never failed me.



One week later the computer died, it would turn on but some how the information was not getting to the monitor. Then when he finally got it to, we got a blue screen, Brad was sitting in his chair and moaned, "Noooo! They call this the blue screen of death!!" I knew it was bad and didn't who the heck "they" where but I had to concede it was dead. So this left me with no computer during the day only at night when Brad could bring the laptop home. Computer gone. And I was starting to miss it. So after a week of this I raised the white flag and said OK consider it my Christmas present lets go shopping. In one night we had her picked out, she comes with a new monitor (the other was 7 years old too), key board and mouse. We got her yesterday and her little black box gleams when the sunlight hits her. She's a beauty, she's fast, and can hold more information for me than I will ever be able to fill her with.

And I will treat her and my husband's wisdom with more respect. Lesson learned.



4 comments:

Christi said...

I know it is amazing how connected we are to our computers!!!! I am glad that you guys got a new one!

Sarah said...

Condolences and Congrats...all in one!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Yeah, what they said . . . glad it's all good now. Love, Mom/Nat

Jenny said...

Danish, you crack me up. Glad for the new computer!