Friday, July 11, 2008

He came all on his own!!!

He's here, he's here and we are so happy to have him! After going to the doctor yesterday she told me I was at a 5 almost 6, and still no baby! I was getting kind of nervous that he was going to come quickly. Later that afternoon I noticed my stomach cramping up and at 4:30 my mom and I started to see how often they were coming. By 5:00 we told Brad to hurry home because we were pretty sure this was it and by 5:45 we were on our way to the hospital!!! Once there the nurse said yes you are at a 6 and we are going to try and get you some meds. First they had to take blood and hook up monitors and give me an IV, with fluids, this process took about an hour in which I really was feeling the pain. Finally my new best friend Dr. Epidural came in and gave me the drugs I had been dreaming about. The nurse right after he gave it to me checked me again and was surprised to say you are at a 10! "If your water breaks let me know because he will be here before the doctor." And ran out of the room to call my kind Dr. Ford. So I got one dose of the drugs, it wasn't worth a constant drip because at 8:14 Garrett came into our lives!
Introducing Garrett Thomas McKasson! When he first got here he was kind of sad as you can see and grabbed the scissors for his dad to cut the cord! But after hugs from his family (see pictures below) he is much more content.





We are all so happy he is here, things have gone well and we will update you later on, with more pictures. Oh yeah and he was 7.2 oz exactly the same size as Brady! Who did so well when we introduced him to his little brother. He wanted to hold him and was so sweet to me give me "soft touches" and kisses! Man am I a lucky woman to have three handsome men in my life!

15 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

HOORAY! So glad everything's alright and the baby's here. Dana, you're a trooper - Dr. Epidural is such a kind guy, right?!! You did it! Brady looks great with Garrett and the picture of you all and of Judy and then of Brad with him are tender! Can't wait to be there. Love with all my heart, Mom/Nat

adamf said...

Wow congratulations. I guess that solves your dilemma. :)

Christi said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited to meet him. Did you ever find out how long he is?? I am glad you got the epidural!!!

Sabrosa Vintage said...

amazing, Dana!!!! I am so happy for you all and the INCREDIBLE GROWING family! :) I can' t wait to meet him (and Alice!)

Raina said...

YEAH!!! This is GREAT news! I'm so glad it went smooth, and FAST! The pictures are great... you look beautiful, and the boys look handsome. :D congrats!

McFam said...

ALL RIGHT! You are my hero! 6 to a baby in 2 hours - now that is the way to do it! Wow, it's awesome to bring his little spirit to your family - I hope he's eating and sleeping and pooping, just like he should! Ames

Melissa Hodgen said...

He's so cute! Sounds like once he made up his mind to come, there was no stopping him. Glad you got your epideral before it was too late. Next post we need some comparisson pics of Brady and Garrett! I'm so proud of you!

Nicole said...

How awesome that you have pictures up already. Congratulations!! I'm glad everything went well.

Familia Morales said...

Congratulations!

Shay said...

YAH YAH!!! Congratulations!! You and your 3 men!! Ha ha!! love ya and can't wait for more pics!

Shayla

Hooper Family said...

Congrats Dana! He is really cute - I love the picture with the scissors!!

noelle said...

love this adorable family! i love that you're having these handsome strong little boys. you look so beautiful! ahhhh... can't wait to see these cute kiddos you and melissa keep making! we should really have a chattanooga reunion with all our sisters, too, and these fun babies!!!

Bench Family said...

Congratulations Dana! I bet it will be a lot easier to enjoy the hot Arkansas summer now! What a beautiful little boy.

Anonymous said...

congrats! he's so cute and you look great too!

Katy said...

CONGRATS!!

he is so cute. great work!